Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"The Last Lecture"

Few months ago I wrote a post on the infamous talk by the late Randy Pausch titled 'Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams', commonly known as "The Last Lecture". Yup he died, but his legacies lived on.


The book version of it was out and got a copy of it. Basically it IS the lecture itself, but not in a presentation manner, more of a biography thing. It covers the contents of the lecture PLUS some extra stories and tales that pretty much completed the story of Prof Randy Pausch.

He made sure the lecture was recorded so that his children will have an idea of who their father was and what kind of a person he was. The book enhances the narration to his kids but also gives the rest of us of the little anecdotes of how to live your life. Of coz the lecture is titles "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams" but it's full of 'head fakes', things you learn after you've learnt what you were to learn, or indirect learning.

I'm a bad reviewer, esp media. So like, yea the book's a nice read, 200+ pages long. Finished it in 2 days.

I can't believe I juz admitted that. The slow reading PLUS the exams coming. Gosh where did I find time to read a book? Nope, I juz used time that was supposed to be used to revise physics and chemistry to read the book.

DAMN...

P/S: Wow I'm now an average citizen of the country! I've read 2 books now!
=============================

No comments: