Thursday, October 8, 2009

It isn't this easy.

See the problem about the food channel is that it makes making food look so easy. It looks so darn easy that it makes you think you're doing something entirely different.

The way they cut through foodstuff look so easy. It's like all food are made of butter.

Their workflow is millimeter perfect that you'll think your cutting board is too small. Yes indeed...


Tried making this steamed fish thingy Jamie Oliver on The Naked Chef kept making (repeats, lol).

The heat:time ratio thing never got to me. I never got a hang of how long to cook stuff at what level of heat.

I thought: hrmm 100 C is boiling point, I'll put it at 150 for 25 minutes. Fish should cook that fast.

Fark. I took it out when the thing rings. The thin parts were cooked, the thicker parts were still fckin stiff and transparent. By the time I wanna put the package back in the oven has cooled off (it's a pretty small version). And I dun wanna wait 25 more minutes for the oven to heat up water to evaporate and cook the fish that way (latent heat, anyone? takes time...). Dumped it into the big frying pan and juz finished it off.

My god the next time I'm cooking fish, pan fry is the way to go. 5 minutes flat the thing's done, both sides.


The only downside is that the skins stick to the pan and strips the fish.

Tastes just like those sour sauce fish you order at restaurants, juz w/o the pickles.

I don't care next time I'm making curry from scratch.
=============================

No comments: