Monday, February 11, 2008

Happy Year of The Rodent/Rat/Mouse/Tikus!

First things first, Happy Chinese New Year! It may be few days late but heck, it still counts as a wishing, right?

Week started off wit my pay check! My very first pay leh! Rm666 in total! Hrmm dunno purposely or coincidental, coz the last time I heard of the number 666 is when The Da Vinci Code was still a hot topic in town. hrmm...

Take 200 out for last month's makan and 250 more for this months' makan, Rm 30 for transport and the rest is the 'actual' pay I got.

Den new year lor...

Somehow this hidden mickey is hard to miss...

This CNY is both boring and fckin exciting/shocking. Boring coz every year also same one. Visiting, get ang pow, stay at home listen to adults chatting. This year brings us a shock. As you know gambling is like a family tradition. Day 1 to Day 4 also got 开台. For many years we were never agitated by the fear of getting caught. Damn it this time really was a close shave. Day 1 itself we had a police car doing a U-Turn juz 3 houses away, twice! Bugger ah I was scared liao ma, mana tau the police only makew U-Turn. Dudes made fun of me la... Den Day 3 was really really 险过剃头. A police van (seriously, a van) drove passed the house while we were playing cards at the porch, at night. One whole row of houses we're the only one brightly lit. This time everyone agreed to play inside the house. LOL.

On way home some indian community decided to join in the fun of CNY and held a wedding ceremony. Pic was cropped to focus on the bride's car (?) 新娘车.

A little over decorated, perhaps?

After a month of working, I realised that I was on a journey of discovering a new me. My thoughts start to change. My view on life start to change. Even the way I speak start to change.

One evidence is that I start to accept listening to chinese songs, be it mandarin or cantonese. I actually got a friend to share some chinese songs wit me. I found out that although 90% of them are about love, they sound quite good to the ears. I was always against the way chinese songs are made: short verse wit long and repeating chorus. But now I'm ok wit it, and am starting to reject the way some english songs are made: long verses wit limited chorus. I am no music producer or expert but chinese songs are starting to sound good to my ears. Listening to long verses bores me out. I guess this is how you feel when you listen to 7-10 everyday while waiting for your boss/colleague to arrive.

Aiks, again ideas dunno go where liao. So until next week, adios!
=============================

No comments: