Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I have height-phobia

It's always better to know your weaknesses beforehand...

Last Saturday went to Genting wit few of my old classmates. 3 of us to take bus to 1U so had to start journey earlier.

The sky early in the morning.

Reached 1U at around 8.15 and we haven't eaten anything yet. The mall's open but the shops weren't. Them both were so convinced that there'll be no eateries around and we are better off having breakfast at Genting. Me being the hungrier one among us cannot wait till Genting, so went to explore. It seems that it takes a dude to start walking for the rest to start following. Asked the guard where we can get food and apparently there's a mamak shop in 1U that's open 24 hours. Went there makan den ngam ngam 9 o'clock everyone arrived and off to Genting. Of coz we left some of them behind...

Morning at Genting Bus Terminal.

Waited for the rest of the gang to arrive coz they were late and the bus drove off already. From 1U to Genting it takes 45 minutes. Quite fast huh? Then they came and we headed off to the cable car to get to the main buildings.


It was actually quite expected that it rains. Decided to play indoors first b4 going outdoors. Went to this 4D movie thingy. It was supposed to get you a little wet and stuff. All i had was pressurized air blown at parts of my body. The 10 minute movie was a simple story of Alladin or some sort of Arabian story, flying around in magic carpets and having genies in distorted colors coming to you. I dunno but it might be my glasses that made the 3D effects look dull. Coz we had to wear these special specs ma, and i'm wearing glasses, so the whole mechanism doesn't seem to work for me. The colors dun merge to form a 3D image...

After lunch we headed outdoors. First ride was the Spinner, aka seats on chains. I have to confess that I hated thrill rides. I dunno why but for some reason I never had the initiative to ride one of these things. This time everyone's goin, are you not? Summore Sanjay being kuat-kutuk the whole time, aiks... The hardest part was when you have to wait for your turn and the people who are still riding it are screaming and you're like "fck man it's gonna be scary!!". When it was our turn (coz we try to make sure everyone's on the same ride), what has to be done, has to be done. Before I knew it, the ride has begun. At first it was ok, dangling on chains and moving in circles. Then it got faster, and higher. By the 2nd or 3rd spin it got so unbearable for me that I had to start [s]scream[/s] shouting ("scream" sounds high-pitched). It started wit 'ahhhh...', but then somehow the "fck" and "shyt" got thru my self-censoring mechanism. That on was all 'fck!!!! FCK!!!!! oh shyt... FCK!!!!!!". No joke esp when the seat was sort of going sideways...

Looked like the scene in Halo where you drop down from some building or cliff and evetually die, except this pic was taken horizontally instead of looking down.

Next one was the [s]dick[/s] cockscrew. This one i rode b4 few years back wit my cousins and it was my first roller coaster rides, so I was kind of prepared for it. It felt so different this time though... Maybe I was old enough and started paying attention to the G Force and everything. It was an OK ride though, not that scary and stuff...

Then came the highlight of the day. It was around 5 already and we had to get down to the terminal to catch the bus back to 1U. But somehow we decided that we will get to the terminal in time after the last ride of the day, Space Shot, previously known as Solero Shot. It wasn't until 5.30 that it was our turn. Initially was ok, getting the safety thingy on and stuff. Den the way up. From below, the ascend didn't look liek a quick one, but from the ride, it felt quick. As it was going upwards, I said to myself "oh shit this looks scary. WTF am I height-phobic? Oh fck looking down looks so scary. Shit..." Den when it was stuck at the top I looked down again. "oooohhh shit... Why so high up one... Fck... Ok let's do this wit my eyes closed...". And eyes-closed it is for the ride down. Most of the time ppl won't shout that much in this ride coz, I dunno, fun? Most will start enjoying the scenery after the first or second bounce. I juz kept shouting only, wit my eyes closed, until I feel that I'm close enough to the ground to care about how embarrassing to be the only one to shout in the ride. Fck man...

After the ride, said our goodbyes (few of them will be going back later and some will be staying overnight) and started running to the cable car place. When we finally got to the terminal, we managed to wave goodbye to the bus coz we're freakin late. Got there, the bus was gostan-ing already and driver did the 'no more' sign. Aiks... Had to settle for the 7.00 bus...

There, I'm afraid of heights. Not a lot, but enough to get me cursing in public. I felt safe in a roller coaster though. Maybe coz I noe that it's a safe ride? Only reason to shout was to maintain consciousness...

Oh yea. This time round I only wore a T-shirt in Genting. Nothing else. No long sleeved shirt (i bought one but didn't need to wear it), no jacket or sweater shyt. It's cool in Genting nowadays. It even rained a few times and it didn't felt cold. I guess it's the effects of global warming. YES, MALAYSIA IS AFFECTED BY CLIMATE CHANGE TOO, SURPRISED?

Sorry I'm in the Earth Day mood now... It's April 22th. If there's one time in a year to do something for Earth, it's NOW. If you're not getting the climate change hype, try watching An Inconvenient Truth, or get a ticket to watch The 11th Hour at www.ytlcommunity.com . Al Gore's talk is the one that got me to be environmentally aware of the climate crisis we are in now. Being aware is the first step to stop global warming.
=============================

No comments: