Wednesday, April 2, 2008

An experience of a lifetime...

Well not really of a lifetime la, coz i'll be getting that more in the future. Yep juz came back from the JPA interview. And it was really a lot of first time experience.

Everything got prepared already. The copies of docs, and the original ones, stationary (you'll need a pen only actually, mind the 'pensel 2B' and 'pemadam' and the 'dll'). Den started the drive to PICC at 1PM. Actually started driving only at 1.15 coz mom still has some makeup to do (i tot i'm the one goin for the interview?). Walau damn panicked coz interview was at 2. Started off normal but when reached Putrajaya I have no choice but to speed up a little (a little is an understatement). Since the place has super wide roads and virtually no cars, it's the best time for some noob to try speeding. The car felt like it was floatin when I drove around 110kmph (first time!) and went pass some uneven road. 

Kept on following the roadsign to PICC but den missed a turning coz some lorry was so slow and I was driving too fast and managed to read 'PICC' after I passed the signboard. DAMN... So found another tuning to the place near to it and found the way to PICC. Finally reached PICC. The clock read '13.50'.

There's a huge mushroom at the mountain top.

Got down the car, found the registration counter (it's really juz a board and you sign your name there) and by the time I finished signing, the dude called for everyone to go to the respective meeting rooms. Wou, that was close...

Totally symmetrical. I guess the inspiration came from Beijing...

Went in, signed a few more attendance forms and waited for number to be called. The group was divided into a few batches, and I was in the first batch to get interviewed. Got in wit 6 other ppl, 2 girls, both chinese, wit 5 boys including me, of which 2 were cina, 2 were indian and one malay. As the interview went on I got to know that 4 of us chose engineering, 1 Business Admin, 1 medic and 1 biotech.  Damn...


PICC got No 2. for Energy Efficient Building in an ASEAN conference. I wonder wut are the lights on for... It's freakin daytime ler...

First first was the ol' intro, in BM. The rest of them talked about their family, their parents' job, their achievement and so on. I was very unprepared so I only told them my name, where I live and why I want the thing. All done under 30 secs... I guess I'm special for giving a short intro. Dunno if it's good or bad...

Den came the discussions, which was in english. It was all about education la. Like emphasize on academic performance, wut to change in a skool, how you see the education system in a few years time and macam macam lagi. The first question was made kinda formal. Ppl started writing notes and so on. Very weird feeling. And one by one gave their points. Me, I stuck to the 'keep it simple and short' concept. Hey as long as I made my point den enough la... Den from questions 2 onwards it was made informal by the panel. I was being the usual me la, by the time she asked the second question I was eager to answer already while the rest was jotting down notes. Den she told the rest "nvm, this is informal". LOL den it went on w/o jotting notes. 


Green lung of PICC. Actually it's the smoking area.

Was kinda fun making your point to others and having them agree and giggling on some trivial matters. Was indirectly making friends la. But still I was nervous and didn't get my words smooth enough la... Like hang there for a while den continue.

Overall I think the panel was observing at the way ppl interact wit the group members. They didn't ask about the koko, they didn't ask about SPM. Which is cool la in a way...

After the interview few of us gathered and had a little chat. Ok ok la. Names weren't important coz it's the first and last time we're seeing each other. So juz chatted like normal friends la.

After the quick chat I walked out to the waiting hall. Mom's at some shopping complex nearby (nearby is another understatement) so I walked around and took the few pics I put up there. Visited the toilet la, at least I can say I pissed at PICC b4, right? The first 2 pics were taken yesterday when me and my mom came to look for the place first.

Shoot me! (Relax la, no one was looking at me when I took this photo)

OMG so little places so much competition!!!

P/S: First post on new lappie!!! Will post about it someday.
P/S 2: Post done on Safari!! Faster than FFX IMO... Though the GUI sucks... Looks like macintosh rather than mac... Give it a try though!
=============================

No comments: