Monday, March 17, 2008

"You Break That Thing, You DJ Wit Me Your Whole Life Also Cannot Repay"

Early morning went jogging wit ylup. Bugger got addicted to doin something in the morning. I tried my best to keep my pace up. Too bad I can't find that stamina that I used to have anymore...

Went back home den recalled that I have lotsa bird shit on me car. Damn mom says these shit will corrode the paint of the car. So today gave it a little wash. A part of me is saying "no" to spraying the car mindlessly wit the hose (I admit I'm environmentally conscious, them glasiers are melting like butter!!!), while the other part of me is saying "yes" coz it feels damn good to see those shit getting hosed off. Den I cleaned the internal of the car la, juz lightly, cleaning the stuff my dad left in the car. Pretty happy wit it, though it still needs some vacuuming.

Around 2 went to Mid Valley wit ylup (again, I'm starting to suspect that either we're gay or I'm that pathetically lacking of hang-out pals) for some surveying. Actually I've already locked down on the laptop, juz wanna check it out b4 I really ask them to send it over. So yea came to Dell store to "test-drive" the lappie, as wut they call it. First first got this non-chinese (I'm targetting chinese today) sales assistant. He's ok la, not to say very helpful but at least he's there to answer my questions. Not bad. Then after a while there's this chinese sales person came to see wut we're doin. Asked us wut we're looking for. I said we're trying out the lappies. He said why not look at the specs first. I said I know wut they are made of, juz comparing the screen size. Den I forgot wut happened there, only remember he was answering the questions like not 'soung' wit us haing out there too long only. So I went off. It's not like they're sellin it there or something, you still gonna buy thru the webbie even at the store there. Aiks.

Den I remembered there's this McLaren F1 car to be shown to the public at The Gardens. Tot it was in some kind of secluded corner of the ever-so-crowd-less new wing of MV. Took no effort to spot the blue tent of Celcom wit the F1 car in it while walking across the link bw MV and The Gardens. Some kind of collaboration b/w Celcom and Vodafone (sponsor of the McLaren F1 team) la... It wasn't one of the best-looking cars around but hey, how often do you see one of these around here (every year la of coz...)?

Front view.

Back View. I have to resist the urge of tearing the tail off. It looked so fragile you wanna break it apart.

Side view.



Da mysterious cockpit. The Celcom buggers put the restraining rope thingy so far from the car I had to stretch to get a glimpse at the cockpit.

Den the DJ said "You are not allowed to touch the car although you can take photographs of it. The car is very expensive. If you break one small piece of it, you can't repay it even if you work as a DJ wit me for you whole life. Your whole life!" Yea like they dun make few of these for spare part... And if it is that fragile, I dun think Hamilton wants to drive in that car.

I actually got into the cockpit of one F1 car b4. I think it's also a McLaren-Mercedes Benz car. It was long time ago when my dad brought me to a launching party by one of the car dealers. One of these things were actually on display and I'm very sure it's the real thing, well simply coz I'm allowed to sit in one of these things. It fits snugly to the ass of the driver coz they mold the seat off the driver's body shape. It's very tight in there and you can barely move your legs. Of coz I know it's a legitimate car coz the cockpit look used and there's a certain smell to it. Now, that's the real deal!

Hrmm...

Everything went well until we saw this:

I tot this was supposed to be 'the real thing'? Wut do you mean by 'display only'? You mean Lewis Hamilton's not goin to drive in one of these things?

Gettin bored wit the car, we left for home.

Full-scale model, I think?

I guess ppl juz dun simply put millions worth of car parts together and display it to the public that easily?
=============================

No comments: