Monday, January 21, 2008

Money Matters

**Since I'm updating once a week instead of the previous daily update, the updates are going to be quite lengthy. I do appreciate it if you guys could give it a read and perhaps drop a comment or two**

Second week into my first job and I'm having money matters already. Not that I'm in a big debt or what but I start to realise that money does play a key role in our life.

First off is makan. If I'm lucky, mom will be buying breakfast for me. Sometimes breakfast can be settled wit bread or something else. But when things dun go my way, I'll have to buy breakfast myself, esp these few days when I dun have an appetite to eat in the morning. I'm estimating Rm10 per day on food, or 15 if I'm buying my own breakfast. And since I'm eating off no paycheck at first, I had a deal wit my mom that she lends me Rm50 for food until I need more and pay her back when I got my wages. I took 150 from her already. And since I'm trying to preserve as much of my paycheck as possible, I'm limiting the price of food I'm eating. It's not easy when you're eating off your own money.

Then is working. At first is having less money than recorded in the receipt book. It happened once when we were having too much Rm50's and were changing to loose 10's. End of the day we realised that we were short of Rm10. Not a lot but when your job is on stake, better be careful. Than another is fake money in the market. It so happened that one of us received a fake Rm50 without noticing. So for that particular product, the company rugi Rm50 and this time it's not a small amount.

After that is profit judging. For AP handphones market, you are allowed to bargain for the price of the phone. The hard part for sellers is that if you dun want to go lower for your customers, you lose the customer. However if you gave a price too low, you lose profit and sometimes even rugi. AP phone sellers are not making that much of a profit as once previously thought. The profit gets lower when customers demand for so called 'original warranty' and when these so called 'original warranty' dealers label our phones 'local made', which makes matters worse as consumers are not as informed about h/p as the dealers themselves. Almost everyone (or should I say everyone) who came to my store can't really differentiate b/w 'original warranty' phones and AP phones. I'll talk about that some time later.

The worst part is when you come across customers of a certain nationality/race. I dun wan to label or specify coz I dun wan to be deemed a racist or some sort. Ask me in real life and I'll tell you. These ppl act as if everyone else in the world is cheating on them. Seriously. The way they bargain is if we are making a 200% profit. Example: you gave a price of 260, the guy can ask for 150. You say geng or not. Sometimes they can even ask for 80 or 90 of the same phone. Colleague says that different ppl have diff culture. Maybe in their culture, the rich often rips off the poor.

Money matters aside, I think I'm getting used to the job. The wake up schedule, the break times, the entertain customers part and stuff. Sometimes I can even relate the job back to my dad's. He's dealing wit percentages, I'm dealing wit direct prices. We both have to deal wit bargaining customers and comparison to other companies. Often we lose customers to another company that offers what seems to be a lower profit but customers who know the market better do come back to us. Now I'll understand the hardship my dad went though. Sounds gay, but it's real. No matter how many times I said it, I'm still going to say this, I'm gonna fcking appreciate every fcking minute of the studying days I'm going to have.

I promised some photo, so here goes. It's juz shows how bored I was when there were no customers.

Praying that your PC is ok does help, sometimes.

Wow, how many life times do I get with this product?

Someone recommend me a restaurant nearby that I can have affordable food everyday, please?

Oh yea, my day off is Monday. So I'll most likely update the blog on a Monday. Adios!
=============================

No comments: