Monday, January 28, 2008

Sales increasing!

Damn I lost count of how many weeks I worked there already. So here goes.

This week got a little intellectual. Firstly, let's talk about the sales part. Week 1 was destroyed by a road show. Week 2 and the week thereafter should have no complains, right? Wrong! CNY's approaching and ppl are going to concentrate their spendings on decor and prep stuff. So wut brought me my sales? The answer: Bonuses. Quote from a customer "Eh, it looks like it's their new year instead of ours." I tell you, doing business wit chinese is the hardest. They compare everything and demand everything. If can they also want your whole store. Other races, on the other hand, are easier to deal with. They want to buy phone, the price is right, den start writing the receipt already.

But mostly my sales come from sellin small (cheap) phones la. I've sold a few big (expensive) phones too but those won't make my commission look like a fortune though. I do feel sorry for my colleague coz I seem to be sellin the majority of the phones since my arrival. Trying hard to share the sales la...

So come to the 'intellectual' part. I found out that dealing wit different ppl need different approach. The approach I picked up myself (which means unassisted, unlike some other skills that were 'taught' to me) was to talk with the customer, not talk to the customer. The difference here is that I'm trying to talk like them instead of juz being myself and talking my way. I try to blend into the customer's way of talking and that really made the whole working experience more enjoyable if not more fruitful.

If they speak good English, I try to present myself as someone that they can rely on and seek info. If they speak moderate English wit a slang, I try to do the same, speaking in their intonation and style. If they speak limited English, I also try to only speak limited english, aiming only to get the message across coz for these kind of ppl, talking too much equals making them confused and feeling that they cannot communicate wit you. It's a fun process as I do get to use slangs on actual ppl that speak that actual slang. African style, indian style, broken style, you name it. Communication is the key here. When you start communicating wit the customer, you noe wut he likes and dislikes and can sell the product that best suits his demand.

Another thing is the path of my life. Talkin wit actual ppl who are working really opens up my mind. The first one is that I should be learning something that I can use in real life. This is when I talked about learning japanese and aikido. In wut occasion am I going to apply these knowledge in life? Makes me wonder why I used so much time on nurturing PKBM last time. It's not like I'm going to march to get paid, right? Hrmm... My bad, I did learn a lot of stuff during that time that I can apply now.

The next one is whether to sustain my life on a skill or on something academic. I can learn a skill like repairing h/p, cars, or cooking, and earn a paycheck from it. OR I can study a degree on something and live as a professional. I dunno but I do enjoy doing stuff wit my hands rather than using my brains all the time. Hrmm... (aiks got a lot to say one, but forgot liao...)

As usual, the best (or only) pics of the week!

Dealing wit phones everyday is making me crazy. Somehow I feel that this model has some resemblance to a car, duncha think so? The speakers resembling the grill at the front of cars? Hrmm...

Gigantic lion head at Times Square.

How did I end up at Times Square? No I'm not deployed to Times Square. Went to KL today on my day off to get some new year clothes. Did most of my shopping at Money (or Gold) River, or more specifically, at one shop. Was a noob ma, but thankfully got the sales assistant to help me out and gosh I must say, I'm making progress! LOL no la buying clothes la only, not wit styling up. Aiks... Burnt a hole in my wallet definitely! Finally got a pair of jeans that is not going to restrict my lil' bro's growth!

Adios!
=============================

No comments: