Friday, November 30, 2007

First day of driving lesson

Today my first driving lesson. Woke up at 7 to go to the shop there at 8 and wait for the instructor. I tot chinese teach me one, mana tau muncul one indian come... NVM la...

Hrmmm... The moment we went into the car, he light up a cigarette and started puffing like a chimney. No joke. He even lowered down the windows and turned on the AC to get the smoke away. I can verify that this method is a myth...

That guy smoked all the way to the factories at Puncak Kinrara (noe the huge furniture shop beside the highway to Bukit Jalil?). I see the stick get shorten damn fast you noe... He suck in like it's his momma's candy. Within 5 minutes the whole stick gone. Stopped beside the furniture shop den he started lecturing la. Talked about the pre-drive check, the basic operations of the car and stuff. A while later he gave me 10 minutes to get used to the driver's seat. After that he came back in and started the real driving lesson.

LOL. I started the engine for my parents numerous times, but never got to drive it (once la, and that case I freaked myself out). This time i started the engine and got to drive it la. Check everything liao den twist the key. Before the car started to move, like all noobs, yes, engine went dead. Ou, clutch released too early liao. So 2nd try slowly release. The car was really crawling. Den move smooth liao hit on the pedal more. Drive into the junction and turned la of coz. Wa got cars ar (DUH). Slow slow den got used to the traffic.

We went in circles around the blocks of factories. Junction after junction after junction. After got used to the manual transmission operation liao, went to bigger circles. This time in the long straight stretch he taught change gear la. This sounds noobish but my highest gear was till 3rd gear! (EDIT: Eh Jason, I went systematic la, where got ppl 1st gear straight go 3rd gear one...) Top speed? 25 - 30 km/h. LOL.

The last thing he taught was the U-Turn. Basic la, juz turn the steering wheel until you 'entered the curve'. All in all not bad la. The steering part not much diff if you used to play racing arcade games. Hahaha whenever I wanna make a turn the guy would always guide one. Den I found out that I could make the turn easier if I was to turn it myself. Only need to get used to the whole manual thingy. The mati api part wasn't that frequent for me. Only time it happened was when I was to make the car start moving and when I was to stop the car. But first time only la. Forgot to put the gear to 'free' ma... After that the gear changing part no prob. Whole lesson 2 hours. 8 more hours to go till I go for test!

Hrmm... Ylup get prepared for the smoking part of the lesson la... Hahaha...

=============================
Support My Sponsor!

No comments: