Thursday, August 7, 2008

Salvation

Been doin some salvaging these days. Waste salvaging, that is. Kinda thought that I should practice wut I preach.

Draft paper (or scribbling paper) is quite an important part of my whole studyin thing. Partly because I cannot afford to keep changing papers when I made too much mistake in the homeworks, and that it's always better to organise my workings before I write down the stuff that I'm goin to hand in the next day.

So where do I get these draft papers from? Cannot afford to keep usin new paper, right? Wut I've done is salvaging them from the mountain of waste paper in my room (yes, sounds spooky, never had the time to throw it away).

My idea was to use the unused part of the papers for scribbling. I've been doin that for quite some times already, but only with the papers that find laying around that are big enough for scribbling. This time I'm goin big. LOL

My rule is that I only salvage papers wit one whole blank page. You'll never know how much paper that were only used one page of it that were thrown away. I also only salvage papers that were decent enough to be used. Dun wan crinkled paper. So the aim was to only salvage wut I would be willing to use again, as scribbling paper.

30cm of waste paper that was meant to be stuck into the bunch of old newspaper.

I've had that mountain of paper sitting at the corner of my room for quite some time already. There were originally 2 stacks. I got rid of one of it already.

So I sat on the floor and went thru most of the junk. By the time I went thru half of it i was quite surprised at the amount that I salvaged. There were quite a lot of plain paper that were accidentally discarded along wit the junk. I also noticed that there were a whole damn lot of notes photostated one side only. That's a lot of pages combined ya noe...

After process.

Overall out of 30 cm of paper i salvaged 8 cm of one-sided paper, which translates to 4 cm of total paper surface. 4 out of 30, approx 13% salvation rate. Not bad, or should I say, very bad coz the amount of salvagable paper is so much due to bad bad management?

Plain pages ma...

I guess that 8 cm of paper is enough draft paper for the rest of my F6?

Quite a sad thing to do ler... Where on earth did I find time to do all this stuff... Tests is next week. Aiks...

All in the name of reducing waste...

There's an ongoing event by a Brit on a pledge to use no plastic (plastic abstinence) for one month. Her month starts on August 1st and ends on the 31st. Hosted on the BBC news portal. Month Without Plastic.
=============================

No comments: