Saturday, August 9, 2008

A tale of broken things

Had quite a few stuff broken around me.

First was my legendary 'mighty calculator'. It's so mighty it can calculate matrices, vectors and complexes, along wit some other function I still wouldn't noe how to use. Few days ago it tried to defy gravity but failed, wit a faceplant. Initially the 'bleeding' resembled a Johnnie Walker logo (go wiki la...). But then it continued to bleed and becomes wut looks liek this:

I bought a new one yesterday.

Then yesterday, before goin to buy the new calculator (desperate coz tests is next week), another thing broke down. When I finished reversing my car out of the porch and was to go in another direction, I heard something shreading underneath the car. It sounded like I dragged something tough thing under my car. Fckin sounded scary. But after a few meters there was no sound anymore, so I thought I would check later. Then there's a guy walkin past the car and his eyes locked on to the car all the way until the junction. He was like 'WTF?'. That scared the crap outta me. So I stopped at the road side and guess wut, my front tyre looked like it was dislocated from the rim! It was deflated so i guess the rim might have teared it when the tyre was dislocated. LOL panicked and called ylup to see wut should I do (I was on my way to his house anyway).

While he was on his way there, I had this idea of changing the tyre. LOL should've thought about it earlier. So ylup got here and we changed the tyre together. LOL first time changing tyres so sweated like heck only. Under the 2PM hot sun summore.


After changing into spare tyre I still continued to drive around. Went to Mawar, den to IOI, den back home. Dad got back and he said maybe there were defects in the tyres so he's goin to bring it to check.

Today he brought the car wit the tyre to the workshop. They checked every inch of the tyre and there were no leaks wutsoever. The tyre was normal beyond normal. No dislocation. They inflated it and check for leaks. No leaks. Then how the F the tyre suddenly deflate and caused the shreading sound? Somebody purposely enter the porch to release air from my tyres? Weird stuff...

Olympics! The 2008 Summer Olympics has started! Opening performance was superbly done. Nothing beats ol' man power in performance. The rest was kinda bland and boring. Another nice one was the mass qi movement 集体运气. Guess the Bird's Nest was moving along wit the qi at that time. The performers got back into straight lines and perfects circles after every movement. Damn geng ar. Lighting up the couldron wasn't that impressive like everyone said. Seriously I expected something better. Was impressed wit the folding LED (or is it LCD?) thingy. It unrolled into a big sheet of display. Damn...

=============================
Force-f(friction)-T(tension) = m(a)
T(tension)-f(friction) = m(a)
Formulae that forms the basics of a system of forces. Damn was scratching my head to derive it when revising... Rupa-rupanya it's kinda simple...

No comments: