Monday, August 20, 2007

Delete... Lag... Delete... Lag...

So like, yea... I ranted about how sluggish the 6630 was. It really was. Ask y lup la... Out of desperation to overcome ppl asking me 'hey why so long also not yet reply' or miss calling me juz to get me to read the msgs, i took y lup's advice to clean my inbox.

If i'm not mistaken, my previous(you'll noe why i call it previous) inbox had 2600+ msgs. And coz i can't juz 'clean' it coz i wanna retain some memory, i chose to delete selectively. The thing is this: I've tried to delete msgs in bulk in the past, but it juz took me so long i thought my phone crashed. That's why i never delete my msgs... Now i dun have the choice. So i went to the 'first' msg right at the bottom of the inbox (juz click up will bring you to the end of the inbox) and started marking all the old msgs. Good thing smartphones have this pencil thingy that allows you to hold it and it'll mark a few stuff you you at one time. Kind of like the mouse selecting multiple stuff, juz that yer using the keyboard this time. So when i finished selecting the msgs that i dun want, i click that 'c' thing to delete it. It was ok at first, until i checked back around 20 minutes later to find out that it got stuck at "29 msgs out of *forgot liao* deleted". God damned it...

So i had to click cancel (msgs that were deleted will remain deleted, while those undeleted will remain undeleted) and do all over again. And this time i selected around 50 msgs to delete. It juz won't move this time. I canceled and moved the cursor (the selection box or wutever you call it lah) around the menu. It's obvious that the processor is reorganizing itself as the cursor will get stuck at one icon, den delay it's motion for some time, den move to the next, then delay again and so on... Den after around 2 minutes (might be exaggerated) it resumed normal and the cursor is happily jumping around the menu. So i tried again, this time counting in my heart around 30. And it deleted it real fast. So i though maybe it got cleared up a bit, and selected another 20. This time it couldn't move, juz like the first time i did it. So i did wut i did with the first time (the move around the menu thingy) and selected around 50. It deleted real fast. But then i'll have to do that boring same thing again. So imagine this: deleting only around 40 msgs every 2 minutes while you have around 2600 msgs to delete. God damned it i deleted msgs non stop for 30 minutes and i only got to 1800 left. This is some fcked up shyt.

So like i gave up when i was around 1500 msgs left. And the change was significant (it might not be to you, y lup), this time it only took me to count to 5 until the selected msg will be opened. A great improvement from 10 secs previously. And it finally notifies me when there's a msg! A nibble from it at last!

So like, do i still need to buy a new phone? Let's make it yes so that i can fantasise buying a new phone...

==========

Hrmm... My day was kinda simple. Stuck to the TV almost the whole day. Did 2 questions (again) on add maths about motion along a straight line (simple ones) and stared at the TV again. Damn Anthony Bourdain's No Reservation was having a 'bloopers' or 'deleted scenes' episode named 'Leftovers'. He gave comments on the scenes of certain events. Like the one he went to Vietnam and met Mr Sang and he said how weird it was and they ran back to the resort after the shoot.

Oh boy... I wanna study leh... I want to... But i'm still updating my blog... Heck...

1 comment:

Bites of me~ =D said...

yaya!! correct~ wanted to study but cannot!! sigh~~ hahaz, add mathz only meh?? others need mah ? = = " u soo chong meng liao mah~ no need nu~~ =P