Saturday, December 29, 2007

This is wut I call a feast

Initially had to go to my sis's secondary skool to check out wut class she got into. Den mom changed the plan and decided to go to have a lunch instead. Scared of the traffic coz Orientation day at the same time.

Well she informed that we're goin to Shogun at 1U. Heard of it from dudes and of coz they made it sound so wonderful and stuff. Mom went there once b4 and she said the same thing about it. Cool now I finally get to bust the myth.

Let's say it's myth confirmed. We reached there a lil too early. They only release to get in at 12pm. So walked around outside until it's almost time. Den mom called and got in la. I guess only the first customers of the day get this, we were greeted by the bunch of staff as seen on tv. Seriously. Cool. Den we were brought to our table and started to get the food. The variety of food there is really a lot. Well as the name suggests it's japanese la but there's this mini section of korean food as well. There's sashimi, sushi, japanese noodles, teppanyaki. There's even fusion japanese food. Since when chicken and cheese is a part of japanese cuisine? Tastes good though (well, I love cheese, of coz).

After first round, mom said there's this 'secret menu' thing. She confirmed wit the waiter and ordered "oyster baked with cheese". I guess everyone got the same as moments later everyone else is given one of those. It tasted ok though. Personally I prefer the raw oyster. Baked one is a lil rubbery for me... Yea everyone is only entitled to one serving only, no extras...

And for a dude like me who likes to take pictures, can't sit still in the restaurant w/o snappin some pics, right? Damn as soon as i took my first picture of the food, a staff (callin them staff coz technically they dun take orders coz there ain't ala carte, I think...) pop-ed from behind me and warned me that I ain't supposed to take pics of the food there. Hrmm... I managed to take one though. LOL

Seriously the variety is so wide that, as quoting my mom, "you'll be full by the time you tried half of the food there." Hell yea. I realised that there're gimmicks to it one you noe. The have big portions of one serving of some food, so that by the time you finish that serving, you're starting to feel full already. LOL i took few bite off the lamb shank and gave it to my mom. Smart eating, I call this. And there's a huge variety of sushis at the sushi bar. LOL I only took one that I've never ate b4. The rest I can try the toping from the sashimi bar, right? I didn't try the soup as I noe by the time I tried the soups, I'll be full already.

40 minutes into the feast, I started to feel full already. At a normal buffet this wouldn't happen, but this time the Jeneral (according to the banners, Shogun = 将军, which in english is 'Jeneral') defeated me... So went out and walk around la to 'help digestion'. Came back i tot maybe playin some sudoku will help digestion coz you need energy to think. LOL the stuff ppl can think of juz to take advantage of a buffet.

By 2.30 is last call already. And since we're full already, paid the bill and left la. Honestly, there's still a lot of stuff that I haven't eaten yet. Hrmmm... Maybe after SPM results?

I will be back!
=============================

No comments: